[horde] Can't logon after running "cvs update" in /var/www/horde, and "php install-packages.php" in /horde/framework

Mirco Schmidt ms at wse-gmbh.de
Fri Mar 17 00:47:36 PST 2006

I'm running this horde installation since a week, and am still adding
feature's for my user's,
as I need IMP's fetchmail feature I ran the "cvs update" and all went
fine.
Even "php install-packages.php" didn't complain. But when trying to
logon to
horde again I got his error msg.

Warning: ldap_search(): Search: Can't contact LDAP server in
/usr/share/php/Horde/Prefs/ldap.php on line 212

Warning: ldap_search(): Search: Can't contact LDAP server in
/usr/share/php/Horde/Prefs/ldap.php on line 212
Failed to retrieve user's DN: [81] Can't contact LDAP server
Notice: Failed to retrieve user's DN: [81] Can't contact LDAP server in
/usr/share/php/PEAR.php on line 762

Warning: PEAR_ERROR_EXCEPTION is obsolete, use class PEAR_ErrorStack for
exceptions in /usr/share/php/PEAR.php on line 782

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: exception in
/usr/share/php/PEAR.php(783) : eval()'d code on line 1

I did ask on IRC, but nobody had a solution, and if no one has a
solution for the prob it seems I'll have to roll back to my previous
backup

Mirco Schmidt

WSE GmbH
Dieselstr. 1-7