[horde] No supported IMAP authentication method could be found

Lee Evans horde at leeevans.org
Fri Mar 17 03:43:37 PST 2006

> > "No supported IMAP authentication method could be found"
> >

> http://wiki.horde.org/ImpImapConfig

I might be misreading this but I'm not sure it applies;

"The IMAP_Client:: library does not currently support logins for your IMAP
authentication type (i.e. kerberos, NTLM)"

I'm using an exchange IMAP server and AFAIK that just uses plain / login
authentication:

C:\>telnet 192.168.1.1 143
* OK Microsoft Exchange 2000 IMAP4rev1 server version 6.0.6249.0
(mail.nunwood.com)
om) ready.
a login username password
a OK LOGIN completed.

> > And the same with regards 'Virtual Folders' - I guess this
> is just due to a
> > mismatch with the configuration I've copied from my old
> install, but as
> > they're only Notices I wouldn't have thought this is a
> major problem.
>
> Copying the configuration over is not sufficient, you need to
> update it.

I had anticipated as much, I was just being a bit lazy - I just wanted to
try and resolve the above problem first. I've now updated my configurations
and resolved these errors - thanks.

Lee
--
Lee Evans