[horde] Sweating Bullets!! Help!

Chris grooveman at comcast.net
Tue Mar 28 17:21:05 PST 2006

Craig White wrote:

>On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 19:31 -0500, Chris wrote:
>

>>Hello everyone,
>>
>>I am in trouble here.  I have had horde up and running beautifully for
>>about 3 months now.  Now, all-of-a-sudden, it has become extremely
>>slow.  Every time a page needs to load, it takes like 6 or 7 minutes!
>>This is bad news!
>>
>>I am running Openbsd 3.8.  I am using horde 3.0.9 with Imp 4.0.4, Ingo
>>1.0.2, Gollem 1.0.1(sql backend), Kronolith2.0.6, Turba 2.0.5 and Nag 2.0.4.
>>
>>The machine is a Pentum IV 3.0ghz machine with 2 gigs of ram.  I have
>>been watching Top for hours now, and the CPU never spikes above 5%.  The
>>processes at the top are httpd and perl, and they are at 0%.
>>
>>The hard drive is running great.  fsck comes back with no errors, and
>>throughput is smokin'.
>>
>>I have ruled-out imap, as I have configured a few mail clients, and it
>>works very smoothly and quickly.  SMTP is likewise functioning normally.
>>
>>The problem only occurs when hitting it from the web interface.  I have
>>tried this on a machine directly next to this one, plugged into the same
>>switch and machines across the Internet -- no difference in
>>performance.  All other servers on the same segment are performing as
>>normal.  Not a network issue.
>>
>>I had a small db error in my horde.log, but I restored my db, the error
>>is gone, but the problems persist.
>>
>>This all started today without warning.  No one has touched this box in
>>over a month.  All log files I can think of look nominal.  No
>>significant errors.  I cannot find anything that could account for this!
>>
>>I have rebooted, restarted apache a million times, restarted the db,
>>deleted and recreated the unix socket, cleared the tmp directory and
>>restored the database.  Nothing seems to make a difference.
>>
>>If I restart apache, I get about 20 seconds of normal behaviour on the
>>web client, after that, it suddenly degrades to 6-7 minutes lag per page.
>>
>>HELP!  I'm totally at a loss!
>>

>----
>big log files...they can really slow things down.
>
>check the syslogs, apache logs, horde.log...
>
>serving other web pages or db's out of that server? Check the speed on
>them.
>
>Craig

I have scrapped all the log files in /var/www/tmp, /var/log and
/var/www/logs.  I have run mysqlcheck with the --auto-repair switch as
well.  No improvement.

There are no other databases on this server other than the horde
database.  No other websites than the horde interface.

Anything else you can think of here?

--
This address is soon to be defunct.
If you are anyone at all important to me, please

Chris