[horde] Some question

Fabio Pedretti fabio.pedretti at ing.unibs.it
Tue Apr 11 05:55:39 PDT 2006

Alle 10:44, sabato 08 aprile 2006, Jan Schneider ha scritto:
> Zitat von Fabio Pedretti <fabio.pedretti at ing.unibs.it>:
> > Hi, I have some doubt for these:
> >
> > 1) Virtual File Storage: what difference there are and which is the
> > preferred between "Files on the local system" and "SQL database"?
>
> The first saves the file on the local filesystem, the second in a
> database. You have to decide which one you prefer.

OK, thanks. But what type of data will be stored in the Virtual File Storage?
Is it data that should be bakupped (e.g. if I have to reinstall horde from a
system crash)?

> > 3) How can I mark a shared address book (on an LDAP server) only readable
> > by turba for all users (seems before turba 2.1 was to set 'readonly' =>
> > true in sources.php)? Someone explain me that I should use the permission
> > but I can't figure how to use it.
>
> With the administrator's permissions interface.

I will be very glad to understand how the permission interface works. I can
see this menu:

- All permissions          [add new permission]
  \- Address Book (turba)  [add child][edit permission][delete permission]

Entering [edit permission] I see that I can change "Show", "Read", "Edit",
"Delete" field for "All Authenticated Users", "Guest Permission", "Creator
Permission", "Individual Users" and "Groups", but I don't see any reference
to my LDAP backend.
I give "Show" and "Read" permission to "All Authenticated Users", but nothing
change.

Any suggestion?

Thanks,
  Fabio