[horde] MIME and plain text message

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Apr 12 07:29:23 PDT 2006

Quoting Dmitriy MiksIr <miksir at maker.ru>:

> Hello.
> How i understand, all IMAP messages parsed by MIME library. When the
> create MIME Part, charset from this MIME part of message used.
> But if message plain/text - which charset will be used - default or
> from headers of message?

from the Content-type header.  If no valid MIME Content-Type header is
found, then US-ASCII (or, in IMP 4.1.1+, the default viewing charset)
is used.

> This question because i got troubles with display plain text 8bit
> letter. How i understand, used default charset (us-ascii) even if
> charset= set in content-type of message, isn't it?

Because your message is not a MIME message - So it defaults to
us-ascii.  I pretty much can guarantee that your message is missing a
'MIME-Version' header.

michael