[horde] what is a realm?
chuck at horde.org
Tue Apr 25 07:05:11 PDT 2006
Quoting Rajkumar S <rajkumars at asianetindia.com>:
> Can some one point towards some documentation regarding realm. I could
> not find any thing about it in online docs. Also how does it relate to
> virtual hosts?
* realm: ONLY USE REALM IF YOU ARE USING IMP FOR HORDE AUTHENTICATION,
* AND YOU HAVE MULTIPLE SERVERS AND USERNAMES OVERLAP BETWEEN
* THOSE SERVERS. If you only have one server, or have multiple
* servers with no username clashes, or have full user at example.com
* usernames, you DO NOT need a realm setting. If you set one, an
* '@' symbol plus the realm will be appended to the username that
* users log in to IMP with to create the username that Horde treats
* the user as. So with a realm of 'example.com', the username
* 'jane' would be treated by Horde (NOT your IMAP server) as
* 'jane at example.com', and the username 'jane at example.com' would be
* treated as 'jane at email@example.com' - an occasion where you
* probably don't need a realm setting.
"we are plastered to the windshield of the bus that is time." - Chris
More information about the horde