[horde] Horde 3.1.1 always appends session-id to URL.

Robert Sink sinkr at cbl.umces.edu
Thu Apr 27 16:06:33 PDT 2006

Horde v3.1.1
PHP v5.1.2 (DSO)
Zend Performance Suite v2.1.2
Solaris 8/SPARC (fully patched)
Apache2 v2.2.0
  - Presently running on port 8000 for testing
(all compiled with GCC v3.0.4)

Custom Session Handler Configurations Tried
  - memcached v1.1.2 compiled w/ libevent v1.1a
  - PHP internal session handler using mm (as set by php.ini)
  - PHP files
  - MySQL (v4.1.x)

Hello--

I am having an issue where Horde wants to append
$conf['session']['name'] to all URLs, no matter what $conf['use_ssl']
is set to (presently '2').

I've tried forcing $append_session = -1 in lib/Horde/Horde.php,
however while I can see the session information being stored (in this
case via memcached running in non-daemon mode) and retrieved back,
Horde sends me back to login.php.

I'm a bit baffled as to why, given my present setup, that I am unable
to keep from appending the session name to the URL as I can see that
the session information is being tracked properly.  This is
particularly problematic when trying to keep simple URLs in
applications like Wicked w/ mod_rewrite.

Robert Sink - Asst. Director - Computer/Network Services
Univ. of Maryland Chesapeake Biological Laboratory - Solomons, MD.
[o] 410/326-7306