[horde] horde and postgres: can't create Usergroups

listac@nebelschwaden.de listac at nebelschwaden.de
Tue May 2 06:17:26 PDT 2006

Hello all,

I am rather new to horde and I run into the problem, that the table
horde_datatree_seq is missing which at least prevents the creation of
groups.

I searched a bit and found other persons having the same problem, albeit
mostly with mysql and no real solution asides upgrading mysql.
I am running postgresql 8.1.3 and horde 3.1.1

I installed horde three times from scratch according to the docs,
including droping and recreatng the database, I even tried giving the
horde database user create database rigts, no change. It also does no
matter wether the database is owned by the postgres or by the horde user.
Error still persists.
I found a mysql script for manually creating the table, but first it does
not work here and second it's not a real solution to the problem, is it?

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks for your time

Ede

>From the horde.log:
pre translation: "existiert nicht" = "does not exist"

May 02 14:39:14 HORDE [error] [horde] DB Error: unknown error: SELECT
NEXTVAL('horde_datatree_seq') [nativecode=FEHLER:  Relation
>>horde_datatree_seq<< existiert nicht] [on line 451 of
"/home/www/htdocs/horde/lib/Horde/DataTree/sql.php"]
May 02 14:39:14 HORDE [error] [horde] DB Error: unknown error: SELECT
NEXTVAL('horde_datatree_seq') [nativecode=FEHLER:  Relation
>>horde_datatree_seq<< existiert nicht] [on line 53 of
"/home/www/htdocs/horde/admin/groups.php"]

Similar from the postgres log:

FEHLER:  Relation >>horde_datatree_seq<< existiert nicht
(Error relation >>horde_datatree_seq<< does not exist)