[horde] Security hole?

Nick Peters nick.peters at candoltd.com
Wed May 3 09:37:13 PDT 2006

If this is a hole, wouldn't the attacker need to know the filename (more
like ID number) of the attachment that they wish to download? Seems to
me like a very ~remote~ chance that they'd actually guess a file name.

That line in your apache log file should give you an ip address of the
person that made the request. To figure out if this actually was an
attacker (and not a legit user), you could grep your log file for lines
that have that ip address and look for stuff about login etc....

If it's the only line with that ip, then there is a chance that it was
somebody trying to get at a file. It was most likely a user that
generated that line in your logs.

Well at least that's how i see it anyways.

Nick Peters
IT Assistant
Cando Contracting Ltd
www.candoltd.com