[horde] Horde LDAP Browser / Manager

Rusty Burchfield GICodeWarrior at gmail.com
Mon May 8 04:32:44 PDT 2006

Daniel A. Ramaley wrote:
> I don't have answers for your specific questions, but have you looked at phpLDAPadmin (http://phpldapadmin.sourceforge.net/)? I use it regularly for browsing LDAP directories. It seems to have the functionality that is desired for the proposed Horde LDAP module.

Thanks, I haven't seen that.  It looks very well done.  Hopefully I will
be able to provide a better experience with AJAX.  Rather than having to
reload the page every time the user clicks, only the relevant part will
be updated using a (hopefully) short query to the web server.

> I don't know if any of the code could be borrowed for use as a Horde module, but it might be worth examining.

I will look into it, but code reuse is often easier said than done.  If
I get hung up though, it might be useful to learn how they go about
doing something (maybe I can improve upon it :) ).

Thank you,
Rusty Burchfield

PS. With the deadline fast approaching I have already submitted my
application to SoC, but I am still very interested in peoples input!  It
is much easier to get things right now than it will be to fix them later.