[horde] ldap readonly with composite auth

Ben Chavet ben at horde.org
Mon May 8 09:27:03 PDT 2006

> I would like to use some ldap based composite authentification, but
> our LDAP server is read-only. It is used by others applications for
> auth and I cannot apply any new schema. A solution would be to use
> LDAP for auth and use MySQL for storing users/groups and their
> preferences.

I think you just answered your own question.  Use LDAP for
authentication, SQL for prefs, and the Datatree for Groups (unless you
already have groups defined in your LDAP directory, then just use
those).  As long as horde has read-access to the fields it needs, you
can authenticate against it, and use it for user/group lists.  You
just can't use the horde user administration tools.

--Ben