[horde] Fwd: RE: Gollem connection issue

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue May 9 08:58:14 PDT 2006

Quoting Derrick MacPherson <dmacpherson at mainframe.ca>:

> Any suggestions?

Can you manually make the ftp connection?  If so, that rules out several
things (firewalls, tcp_wrappers, ftp server not running, ftp server not
bound to localhost, etc).  If not, well, check some of those things.

If you can connect manually, can you login?  If so, can you issue commands
and get results?  If so, is it in passive mode or not?

If still having trouble, check the log files for the system (authorization
info) and ftp server to see if it is logging anything.

>> Just wondering why it's not connecting as it should, the config looks fine
>> as far as I can tell, but it seems to just time out.

You need to trouble shoot things more.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics