[horde] Dimp and Internet Explorer

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed May 24 10:15:10 PDT 2006

Quoting Nuno Marques <subs at di.fc.ul.pt>:

> Ben Chavet wrote:
>> Quoting Nuno Marques <subs at di.fc.ul.pt>:

>>> To get it working under IE I had to change a couple of things in
>>> dimp/themes/screen.css
>>>
>>> #dimpmain {
>>>     position: absolute;
>>>     cursor: default;
>>>     left: 180px;
>>>     top: 10px;
>>>     bottom: 0;
>>>     right: 10px;
>>>
>>> /*added this*/
>>>     width: 83%;
>>> }
>>>

>>> .msglist {
>>>     float: left;
>>>     overflow: hidden;
>>>
>>> /*added this*/
>>>     width: 99%;
>>>
>>> }
>>>

>>> PROS: Looks good in IE
>>> CONS: In firefox Dimp doesn't cover all the screen surface
>>>
>>> If someone has a better solution please let me know.
>>
>> try using an underscore for the added IE rules:
>>
>>   _width: 83%;
>>   _width: 99%;
>>
>> IE renders those, other browsers ignore them.
>>
>> --Ben
>
> Looks good on both now.

I've added these two elements to DIMP's css file.  The only issue is
that you did not mention you *removed* a pre-existing width:100%
declaration from .msglist.  That width needs to remain, so hopefully
IE will use the second _width declaration to overwrite the first.  I
just don't have IE handy right now to test.

michael