[horde] Dimp and Internet Explorer

Henry Hughes henry at capitalh.net
Wed May 24 10:48:23 PDT 2006

Nuno Marques wrote:
> Michael M Slusarz wrote:
>> Quoting Nuno Marques <subs at di.fc.ul.pt>:

>>> Looks good on both now.
>> I've added these two elements to DIMP's css file.  The only issue is
>> that you did not mention you *removed* a pre-existing width:100%
>
> Yes I did, forgot to mention it, sorry
>
>> declaration from .msglist.  That width needs to remain, so hopefully
>> IE will use the second _width declaration to overwrite the first.  I
>> just don't have IE handy right now to test.
>
> I've just tested it, firefox use width and IE uses the _width.

If you are bothered at all about CSS validation, then don't use _width...

instead do this:

width:100%!important;
width:99%;

IE will ignore the value with !important and use the second value.
FF, and pretty much all other browsers, will only use the value with
!important.

Not sure how IE7 will behave, I don't dare install the beta.