[horde] Horde authentication with client SSL digital certificates

Cliff Green green at umdnj.edu
Mon Jun 5 07:03:50 PDT 2006

Today at 9:47am, Cliff Green wrote:

CG> On Jun 4 at 10:23pm, Fabio Pietrosanti wrote:
CG>
CG> FP> I would like to know about which can be modules that would need to be
CG> FP> modified in order to be able to authenticate users with client side SSL
CG> FP> certificates.
CG> FP>
CG> FP> Are there some quick hack to implement such kind of functionality?

[commentary snipped]

My apologies, but I edited out one or two relevant bits of text in my
original message - the relational operators for these requirements for
the administrators' config:

CG>         SSLRequire        %{SSL_CLIENT_I_DN_CN} eq  [text of the CN of the
CG> Issuer DN of client's certificate]
CG>                           and %{SSL_CLIENT_S_DN_O}  [text of the O of the

Should be:  ' and %{SSL_CLIENT_S_DN_O} eq [text of the O of the'
                                       ^^
CG> Subject DN in client's certificate]
CG>                           and %{SSL_CLIENT_S_DN_CN} [text of the CN of one

Should be:  ' and %{SSL_CLIENT_S_DN_CN} in { [quoted text....]}
                                        ^^^^
CG> or more comma delimited Subject DNs in one or more clients' certificates]
CG> }

Please let the list know if you figure out what works for you,

Clifford Green                   Internet -  green at umdnj.edu
Business Systems & Technologies                    UMDNJ-IST
"When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is
possible, he is almost certainly right.  When he states that something is
impossible, he is very probably wrong." -- Clarke's First Law