[horde] Horde authentication problems

Nolan Rumble linux at physics.sun.ac.za
Tue Jun 6 00:45:49 PDT 2006

Hi,

I've just recently installed all the newest versions of the Horde
application suite on my server which I downloaded from your website.  I
seem to be having problems with the authentication.

When I login initially through http://server.name/horde/ it displays every
link associated with my profile.  However when I click on the link, it
displays the login page again and subsequently, I can't click on any other
link without being asked to authenticate myself again.

Now seeing that I'm an administrator for the Horde application, one would
think that the administrator has "unrestricted" access (in other words
being able to authenticate once and that proves that i'm a valid
administrator) where he/she wants to go....not so in my case...

I use OpenLDAP as my authentication backend, but I think the problem has
something to do with the session based handling system.  I've tried using
the PHP method, as well as the MySQL method but still no luck there...

If anyone can shed some light on how I can go about solving this problem,
I would be very appreciative :)

Thanks
Nolan