[horde] LDAP full DN

eculp@encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Tue Jun 6 06:19:57 PDT 2006

Quoting Dave Liefbroer <dave at openlab.nl>:

> That won't work, because I have all my users in their own domains
> inside the tree (virtual hosting environment).
>
> When you log into horde, Auth looks up the dn, but as for as I can
> see  it isn't stored anywhere.

If you share a couple of DN's and the base that you authenticate with
the uid|email or whatever attribute, it would be easier for me to
understand why this can't be done.  I think most of us have "users in
their own domains inside the tree (virtual hosting environment)."

I have several virtual domains in the example that I sent.  Two things
change, as you can see, the ou=domainName.tld and the
mail at domainName.tld will vary by the user.

I usually do this in one of two different ways: login with the email
address or have each virtual domain access horde such as
mail.userDomain.tld and apache supplies the vdomain as in the example.
There are many other ways such as objectclass filters, etc.

good luck,

ed