[horde] sent_mail folder error

lukemack luke at lukem.co.uk
Wed Jun 21 14:34:57 PDT 2006

Hi,

When I send an email from Horde, I get the folllowing error:

The folder "sent-mail" was not created. This is what the server said: Could
not create folder

I understand from a bit of research that the sent_folder should be specified
in imp/config/servers.php but am unsure how to do this? Where is horde
trying to create the folder? The imap entry in servers.php is as follows:

$servers['imap'] = array(
    'name' => 'IMAP Server',
    'server' => 'localhost',
    'hordeauth' => false,
    'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
    'port' => 143,
    'folders' => 'mail/',
    'namespace' => '',
    'maildomain' => $DomainName,
    'smtphost' => 'localhost',
    'smtpport' => 25,
    'realm' => $DomainName,
    'preferred' => '',
    'dotfiles' => false,
    'hierarchies' => array()
);

and in prefs.php:

// sent mail folder
$_prefs['sent_mail_folder'] = array(
    'value' => 'sent-mail',
// For Exchange server uncomment the line below and delete the line above
//    'value' => 'Sent Items',
    'locked' => false,
    'shared' => false,
    'type' => 'implicit');

do I need to create a folder called 'sent_mail' somewhere?

thanks,

lukemack.