[horde] Can't understand the way Horde manages users

chaloupe at free.fr
Wed Jul 5 10:19:20 PDT 2006

> Check $conf['auth']['driver'] in your config/conf.php
Thanks for the answer, Manilal.
Hum...what can I say...my authentication's driver works perfectly for
all modules. So why should I have to check it ??
In fact, I found the reason why I couldn't manage users with my
configuration (third one within about a year).
At the very first beggining, I used Kolab's driver to authenticate (a
logical reason : I use Horde on a Kolab server). Then, I tried to "let a
Horde application handle authentication" since I had to log twice when
using IMP. And every thing worked fine. That's why I kept this
configuration in my third install.

Today, I tried the LDAP driver authentication...and it works !!!!!

I have my users in Horde, can set my groups and permissions...every
thing works for the best, in the best of the world...I'm happy :-D

But what a hard way to obtain that !!!
Like one of my favorite band said "It's a hard way to the top when you
wanna rock'n'roll".

Next mission : overcome freebusy and Kronolith troubles.

Read you soon,

Christophe