[horde] Horde 3.1.2 (final)

Markus Winkler m at rkus-winkler.de
Wed Jul 5 12:14:37 PDT 2006

Thank you for your quick answer!

On 05.07.2006 20:58 Martin Lohmeier wrote:
> Using the patches to update your installation has at least two adventages:
>
> * less download volume
> * the files that change during update will be listed; so you know which
> configuration files need to be updated.

That's true. But I read:

Upgrading from the patch files is an easy way to upgrade the code base.
Note however that it is preferable to upgrade from the tar files [...]

and about these disadvantages:

Please be aware that if any binary files were added or changed between
patched versions that they will NOT be automatically updated. You will
need to manually add or genenerate these binary files to your
application directories. These are for example images, sounds or
translations.

And that's why I (Horde beginner) prefer the "full update" and would
like to know the suggested procedure for it.

Thanks again!
Markus