[horde] Sidebar *very* slow to load

Chris St. Pierre stpierre at NebrWesleyan.edu
Thu Jul 6 08:33:26 PDT 2006

I'm bringing up a Horde system, but the sidebar is extremely slow to
load -- like 3-5 minutes.  The machine is running nothing else, and is
a very fast box.  Other pages -- even within Horde -- load quickly.  I
think my problem is similar to this one:

http://lists.horde.org/archives/dev/Week-of-Mon-20051226/019160.html

I'm also trying to run Horde out of the DocumentRoot, i.e., without
the /horde/.  I've tried configuring it as suggested in the response
to that post, but that didn't fix it.  I also tried replacing the
whole stanza for autodetecting the webroot with:

$webroot = '';

But still the sidebar simply takes ages.  I've removed several of the
sidebar elements that I suspected might have been the culprits (e.g.,
IMAP folder list), to no avail.  Anyone have ideas of where I might go
next?  Thanks!

I can provide my registry.php if it's needed.

Chris St. Pierre
Unix Systems Administrator
Nebraska Wesleyan University