[horde] Pages very slow to load, sometimes coming up blank

Lane, Jim Jim.Lane at CIBC.com
Thu Jul 6 11:00:18 PDT 2006

Hi, All

I've just installed the latest stable release of the Horde framework
under an xampp setup on my Linux box. I ran the test.php script and the
only thing that shows up red is "memory_limit disabled" under
miscellaneous PHP settings. I can't see how to disable this so I added a
.htaccess file and set the limit to 16M.

When I invoked the main page (http://localhost/horde) to do the setup, I
took the defaults for everything I could and guessed at the few things
that didn't have a default. When I clicked to generate the configuration
the script ran for several minutes before returning. Now whenever I try
to start up the framework (I want to configure the gollem application)
the browser hangs for several minutes and then stops on a blank page. I
wonder if anybody can tell me what I might be doing wrong here. I'm sure
this is my fault because I'm pretty much a neophyte with web apps and
all that. Let me know what other information I could provide that might
shed light on the problem.

TIA

Jim Lane