[horde] SQLite backend support

Greg R greg02 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 07:24:14 PDT 2006

I have successfully set up horde to use both mySQL and LDAP as
auth/pref backends, but can not seem to get SQLite to work. I have the
PHP extension installed and working correctly and already have a
number of apps that are written using SQLite as a db backend, but can
not get Horde to cooperate. The database has been created and
initialized with the necessary tables, but the error shown below is
thrown when going to horde/login.php.

I list some of the relevant configuration information and error
messages below; any help is greatly appreciated.

Horde: 3.1.1
PHP Version: 5.1.4

>From horde/config/conf.php:
$conf['sql']['database'] = '/tmp/horde.db';
$conf['sql']['mode'] = 0420;
$conf['sql']['charset'] = 'iso-8859-1';
$conf['sql']['phptype'] = 'sqlite';

Permissions of sqlite database:
-rw-rw-rw-  1 www  wheel  33792 Jul 10 06:39 /tmp/horde.db

Error (full text available at http://www.7505.com/pub/hordeerr.html)
-- begin
A fatal error has occurred
DB Error: no database selected

[line 388 of /home/www/horde/lib/Horde/Prefs/sql.php]
Details (also in Horde's logfile):

object(DB_Error)#10 (8) {
  ["error_message_prefix"]=>
  string(0) ""
  ["mode"]=>
  int(1)
  ["level"]=>
  int(1024)
  ["code"]=>
  int(-14)
  ["message"]=>
  string(30) "DB Error: no database selected"
  ["userinfo"]=>
  string(61) " [nativecode=file is encrypted or is not a database] ** Array"
  ["backtrace"]=>
  array(11) {
    [0]=>
    array(7) {
      ["file"]=>
      string(28) "/usr/local/share/pear/DB.php"

-- snipped