[horde] slow side menu load/strange ldap connection

Dirk Kleinhesselink dkleinh at phy.ucsf.edu
Tue Jul 18 10:20:57 PDT 2006

I've installed horde/imp/turba/kronolith/nag and ingo on FreeBSD 6.1
from the FreeBSD ports and I'm seeing something odd : when I login to
horde, the top menus immediately appear, but the side bar menu takes
awhile to appear and when I examine the system, I see an outbound network
connection in SYN state to 207.200.79.84:ldap (389).  My impression is
that after awhile the attempted ldap connection times out and then the
side bar menu appears.

I'm not running LDAP on the system and I've configured horde to let
imp do the authentication and imp is configured for IMAP to the localhost.
I've got local user accounts setup and imap seems to respond quite fast,
it just seems like something somewhere within the horde setup is trying
to connect to some kind of global ldap server - 207.200.79.84 does
not reverse lookup, but whois informs me that it belongs to netscape.

I'm using localhost mysql for horde, session handler, datatree, turba,
kronolith databases and I've grepped through the .php files in the
horde/app tree looking for ldap stuff but everything seems to have
been commented out.  Does anyone have any idea why or where this
strange ldap connection comes from ?

Horde version: 3.1
IMP version:   4.1
turba version: 2.1