[horde] Did some testing on my mentioned bug

frank@sagurna.de frank at sagurna.de
Wed Jul 19 07:21:24 PDT 2006

So, i did some testing today.

The error i mentioned some messages ago did not came from:

1. That there were no Modules present
2. That the modules were not set to "inactive"

The Problem occured only if i checked the following checkbox:

"Should we only allow session information to be stored in a session cookie and not be passed by URL (GET) parameters? This is on by default because passing session information in the URL is a security risk. Consider carefully before turning it off."

If this checkbox is checked (default) after saving the config the browser tries to get some data from the webserver.
If you in Firefox change to another Tab its fine, but once you get back to the horde Tab FF gets inresponsible and only thing i could do is kill the Task with the Taskmanager. When you then try to login with the standard url (myserver/horde) you only get a blank page and same crashing of Firefox.

Now i tried to check the box again on my running config, and i am not able to log in anymore, but browser does not crash anymore, so this bug is not as bad, cause you get the normal login form.
So i backed up my functional conf.php and got my running horde back.

If i uncheck the box everything seems to do fine.
Hopes this helps to find a bug.

Regards
Frank