[horde] php 5.1.x and php caches / accelerators?

Bill Graham grahamcw at hurleybulldogs.com
Wed Jul 19 09:16:50 PDT 2006

I built PHP 5.1.4 on Centos/4.3 this weekend  and then tried
eaccelerator .9.5.beta2. I coullnd't get eaccelerator to work

if you did a php -v , it showed eaccelerator installed , but if you
did a phpinfo - it wasn't present.

it was throwing
Failed loading /usr/lib/php/20050922/eaccelerator.so:
/usr/lib/php/20050922/eaccelerator.so: undefined symbol: _zval_ptr_dtor
in the apache log

Bill

  Quoting liam hoekenga <liamr at umich.edu>:

> Hey -
>
> I know Kevin just asked about this last week.. but it didn't seem to
>  generate a lot of responses.
>
> Does anyone have experience running a horde install w/ php 5.1.x and
>  any of the opensource php accelerators?  There's a thread from
> December saying that APC had bugs that prevented it from working.
> The wiki for Eaccelerator 0.9.5b2 says...
>
>     "A lot of bugfixes which bring us closer to full PHP 5.1 support."
>
> We'd like to upgrade our horde install to php 5.1 cuz there are
> something that just don't work well w/ our php 4.4.x install
> (importing addressbooks, for one).
>
> Liam

Bill Graham
Systems Administrator
Hurley Public Schools
Hurley,SD 57036
USA
grahamcw at hurleybulldogs.com

This electronic  mail sent from Hurley Public Schools - Hurley, South Dakota
http://www.hurleybulldogs.com

NOTICE: This E-mail (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic
Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, is confidential and may
be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any retention, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited. Please reply to the sender that you
have received the message in error, then delete it. Thank you.