[horde] administrator cannot access setup

Conor McTernan conormcternan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 23:19:59 PDT 2006

I've been searching the wiki and google without much luck trying to
fix this problem.

I've installed horde on a centos 4.2 box. I followed the guide on the
wiki and it all worked beautifully.

Once it was installed I added a couple of test users and tried out
some different ways of authentication. I decided in the end to go with
IMP to handle my authentication since it seems to allow a single sign
on (using SQL auth meant having to re-enter IMAP credentials when
looking at mail).

Anyway, after making some changes to the auth methods I logged out of
the default Administrator setup screen, and I'm now unable to access
this account anymore.

I have not changed the Administrators password. In the setup screens
previously I did tell horde to treat 'Administrator' and
'administrator' as the super users. So I tried to create a user on my
centos box called 'administrator'. I can now log in as this user, but
I have no access to the setup menus.

Am I missing something here. So far as I can see there is no obvious
way to log back into the setup screens once the auth methods have been
changed.

I'm running the daily snapshot from Jul 14th using the FRAMEWORK_3
release where available otherwise I'm using the HEAD version. I've
installed:

horde
imp
gollem
hermes
turba
ingo
kronolith
mnemo
nag

Everything seems to work fine for the accounts I've already set up,
except for the fact I cant log in as admin and make any changes to the
setup.

Any help or pointers is appreciated,

Cheers,

Conor