[horde] Login (su) authentication fails with Apache error "su: must be run from a terminal"

Rob Eyre rob.eyre at oxtrust.org.uk
Mon Jul 24 09:40:22 PDT 2006

I'm trying to get Horde to authenticate local users on my Gentoo box
running Horde 3.1.1.  I've tried Login (su) authentication but the
apache error_log shows "su: must be run from a terminal".  I also tried
pam authentication but that gave me a php warning saying that the dll
wasn't found (even though I changed it to something I know is in
/etc/pam.d and works).

This is a fresh install which I'm trying to get off the ground.  Any
help much appreciated.

Apache 2.0.58
PHP 5.1.4-r4
Horde 3.1.1-r1