[horde] Username frombackend and tobackend

Sbbe83 sbbe83 at verizon.net
Fri Aug 4 08:22:21 PDT 2006

Hi Everyone,
    I am currently running Horde 3.2-cvs (CVS from 8-1-06) with PHP 5.1.4, Hmail Server 4.2.2 - build 199, Windows 2000 Advanced Server with IIS5.0, and Mysql 5.0.22. I am using the authentication system directly to the table hm_accounts which Hmail uses to store usernames and passwords. Everything is working fine except for the fact I have to use username at domainname.com to login to Horde. This is because Hmail stores the username this way. I want to basically use a hook to slit the username from the rest of the @domainname.com. So far I have tried customizing the hook frombackend and tobackend. So far this is what I have:

if (!function_exists('_username_hook_frombackend')) {
     function _username_hook_frombackend($userID)
     {
  list($username2, $domain2) = split('@', $userID);
  $username2 = $userID;
  return $userID;
     }
 }

 if (!function_exists('_username_hook_tobackend')) {
     function _username_hook_tobackend($userID)
     {
         return $userID;
     }
 }

Since I need to return the userid back to what the database has in the table I used the tobackend to basically just grab the userid. Now I am sure lots of you will look at this and find a million errors but I have really just started learning PHP, so take it easy on me. I am not even sure if this is possible (I think it should be), but any help at all would help me tremendously. Thanks.

Chris