[horde] Changing a conf setting from within a hook?

Barry Flanagan barryf-lists at flanagan.ie
Fri Aug 11 08:59:16 PDT 2006

Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Barry Flanagan <barryf-lists at flanagan.ie>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> If I need to change the value of a conf variable from within a hook, how
>> do I get Horde to use this value?
>>
>> My specific problem is that I need to use a conf setting which depends
>> on the current user, but conf is read prior to authentication. Therefore
>> in the postauthenticate hook I want to set this conf variable to its
>> correct setting. However, even using $GLOBALS['conf']['param'] = does
>> not seem to work.
>
> A bad hack would be to alter $registry->_confCache.

Well, in the absence of a good hack, how would I do this? Given a
variable $conf['group']['param']['filter']? I have tried:

$registry->_confCache['horde']['conf']['group']['params']['filter'] =

and

$registry->_confCache['horde']['group']['params']['filter'] =

but neither seem to work.

Thanks.
--

-Barry Flanagan