[horde] Help for a novice?

Todd Pytel tppytel at sophrosune.org
Mon Aug 14 00:46:45 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-08-14 at 08:27 +0100, Valiante wrote:
> I don't seem to be able to find a servers.php file under any of the top-level
> folders, and IMP doesn't exist because I have only installed Horde 3.12 with no
> IMP components.

Well, servers.php is one of the IMP configuration files. So install IMP.

> If I go to the main page (http://webmail.valiante.co.uk) I'm authenticated as
> Administrator and am able to go through the various Setup tabs, however I still
> can't find any entry for my IMAP & SMTP server settings.

IMAP is only configured in IMP. Again, install it. There is an SMTP
configuration section in the main Horde configuration (under "Mailer"),
but you can configure further things in IMP.

> What I would like to be presented with is a login screen similar to the version
> I'm used to at http://email.ixwebhosting.com/ which then takes me to the
> relevant mailbox based on the credentials entered.

Yeah, install IMP. How you are going to be taken to a mailbox until you
have the mail component installed? Horde by itself doesn't do anything -
you need to install applications, like IMP, that use it.

--Todd