[horde] Groups and Permissions

Muskingum Web Manager webmgr at muskingum.edu
Thu Aug 17 06:16:45 PDT 2006

Greetings!

In the latest Horde 3.1.2 release, a new change was implemented to-- "Only
allow users to assign Share permissions for groups they are members of."

As suggested by Chuck, I am presenting this as a potential problem to
consider... I doubt that I am the only organization implementing Horde in an
environment that will want to share their calendars or tasks, etc. with
people outside of their own groups. Because I depend on the functionality,
I've had to roll back to 3.1.1 as a short-term solution.

While I acknowledge that this change is certainly appropriate to some
environments, a choice should be given to the administrator in the
configuration to either allow all groups to be shown or not shown to users.

Does anyone else have any feedback on the matter? If this issue has already
been discussed previously, I welcome a reference to it to become familiar
with it.

Aaron