[horde] excesive bounces?

Roy Schestowitz r at schestowitz.com
Mon Aug 21 06:46:00 PDT 2006

___/ On Mon 21 Aug 2006 13:14:55 BST, [ Vilius ?umskas ] wrote : \___

> Hello,
>
> why do I get disabled from the Horde lists last couple of months due
> to "excesive bounces"? What doesn this mean? Is it something wrong
> with my mail server?

Hi,

Check to see if your mailbox is/was full. If the quota is exceeded,
messages will bounce and you will get unsubscribed after a warning
(with Mailman anyway). Also, make sure there is no vacation messages
or challenge-response-type filter, which 'flirts' with the server.
Either way, I suspect that the mailing list server simply cannot reach
you. It's far more likely to be the case that the mailbox rejected the
messages.