[horde] Mime Magic problems

Kevin Konowalec kevin at ualberta.net
Tue Aug 22 11:54:15 PDT 2006

I think I've tracked down why some attachments are not uploading.
I'm getting the following in my error log:

[Tue Aug 22 12:39:42 2006] [error] PHP Fatal error:  mime_magic could
not be initialized, magic file  is not available in /var/www/horde/
lib/Horde/MIME/Magic.php on line 195

PHP has been built with the --with_mime_magic compile option (I
couldn't get fileinfo to work).  Is there something else I need to
do?  I've tried going into the horde config and adding /etc/magic
(openBSD magic file) as well as trying the apache mod_mime_magic
magic file but neither works.  What am I doing wrong here?  Should I
just recompile php without any mime_magic support?