[horde] Change Database IP Got Something Strange ??

james g9224 at cs.nccu.edu.tw
Wed Aug 23 05:57:34 PDT 2006

>     I dump pg server1 data to pg server2
>     It can correctly connect to new database server, but there still have
>     some connections to old database.
>
>     It's work.
>     pg server1  horde  ---------------------------->pg server2
>     (Old IP)  (Another IP) always have connections (New IP)
>

>     1. If i tune off pg server1,horde server will get the error
>     messages i
>     mention above.
>     2. If i tune on pg server1,I can see some "select" SQL in Log file.
>
>     So I think there are some php code will get database data, and find
>     xxxx_uid field have some data like xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx at host-ip,
>     then goto
>     host-ip to take something back.
>
>     I don't know why need to log host ip into database ? Or maybe my
>     thought
>     is wronge ?
>

> I am actually confused with your  network. Wait for some other peers
> to respond.
> regards
> Manilal

I'm sorry. Let me explain more about this.

pg server1 is too slow so i dump db to pg server2, and change config
file to connect to pg server2.(pg server1's IP is different from pg
server1 )
horde and pg server2 are work successful.But I saw there still have
connection to pg server1.It's strange, right ??

So I look into db data, and find there have some data like
20060823194930.6rrb4gety4n4 at pgserver1.host.name in turba_objects ...tables.
Did somebody have same situation ?

Very thanks your response.

James