[horde] Thinking on moving to Horde, your comments please

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Aug 25 00:14:33 PDT 2006

Zitat von "Ben Edwards (lists)" <lists at videonetwork.org>:

> I am currently helping out a small charity with IT/Server support.  They
> previously had Suse Groupware installed and also use Cyrus and Samba.
> For several reasons, mainly the Groupeware is no longer suported, we are
> looking to migrate to another system.
>
> What I am hoping is that horde will allow the following.
>
> * User management of LDAP including

Yes.

> * Creation on Cyrus mailboxes management of Quotas etc.

Not really. You currently create mailboxes with Horde, but to mix and
match it with LDAP user management, you would have to write a new
composite authentication driver. Quota management is not possible.
The best solution would probably be to further extend Vilma to also
support mailbox and quota management for Cyrus.

> * Webmail

Yes, through IMP.

> * iCalinder/VCal compatible Calender

Yes, through Kronolith.