[horde] {End User} Deleting old events

Muskingum Web Manager webmgr at muskingum.edu
Tue Sep 5 12:57:07 PDT 2006

It's not the most intuitive method, but I export a blank day's worth of
events to a file I call "Blank Calendar.ics" and any time I want to "Clean"
my calendar, I import it while choosing the "Replace existing calendar"
option. The down side to Horde, however, is there is no date range you can
specify on the import. The work around is to have your Blank one to import a
clean copy, but to import it after also exporting the events you want to
keep.

So, the round-about process from start to finish:

1. Export "Blank Calendar.ics" (and you can save this for future use).
2. Export "My Calendar Events.ics" for date range you want to keep.
3. Import "Blank Calendar.ics" with "Replace existing calendar..."
4. Import "My Calendar Events.ics" file to restore wanted events.

If someone else has a better idea, I would enjoy hearing it.

Regards,
Aaron M. Hall
Muskingum College Web Coordinator
Phone: (740) 826-8055