[horde] problems w/ SSO logins joining a session already in progress

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Sep 20 15:09:09 PDT 2006

Quoting liamr at umich.edu:

> Would your proposed enhancement be able to handle changes to the SSO
> user in the middle of the session?  I see calls to
> Auth::isAuthenticated in imp/templates/login/login.inc and then a
> bunch of IMP libraries.  If it's only at login, wouldn't we run into
> the same issue?

Right, that's the point, instead of using the preAuthenticate hook.
isAuthenticated would work for IMP since it's called in
imp/lib/base.php, but it's not used in all applications - basically
you call isAuthenticated() when you want to allow transparent auth to
happen, and Auth::getAuth() when you just want to check for a current
session.

We could add a registry initialization hook that would always get
called on registry instantiation. Not quite as neat, but I'm not
coming up with any clever ideas right now.

-chuck