[horde] use horde/imp login to restrict a non-horde webpage

Philip Goisman goisman at physics.arizona.edu
Fri Sep 29 09:54:59 PDT 2006

Bill Graham <grahamcw <at> hurleybulldogs.com> writes:

> I am not an expert at horde/php - but I get the feeling you think you
> can "protect" a directory by running a single front end index.php  in
> a subdirectory using horde and the framework.
> It doesn't really work that way.
>
> You can't secure an .html element in a directory with Horde
> You can't secure a .gif in a directory with horde - etc.
> Access control  to the above sort of resources are handled by the web server.
>
> For the facility you are implying, all executables  will have to participate -
> each "screen" will have to be in php and will have to call something
> that will vallidate the authority.
>
> So in essence you will have to write your own Horde application.
> You might want to look at the skeleton code out on CVS
>
> Hope that helps
>
> Bill

I'm not a horde/php/mysql expert either.  So, I appreciate your recommendation.
 I've checked out the skeleton code from cvs as you suggested and will proceed
from there.  It looks more promising starting with this than trying to write
everything from scratch.

Thank you again for your suggestion.

Regards,

Philip