[horde] message composition name expansion

Dwayne Hottinger dhottinger at harrisonburg.k12.va.us
Fri Oct 13 19:52:46 PDT 2006

OK.  Being a bear of very little brain.  I have this in my
imp/config/prefs.php
// address book selection widget
$_prefs['sourceselect'] = array('type' => 'special');

// address book(s) to use when expanding addresses
// You can provide default values this way (note the \t and the double
quotes):
// 'value' => "source_one\tsource_two"
// refer to turba/config/sources.php for possible source values
$_prefs['search_sources'] = array(
     'value' => "HCPS Faculty",
     'locked' => true,
     'shared' => false,
     'type' => 'implicit');

// field(s) to use when expanding addresses
// This depends on the search_sources preference if you want to provide
// default values:
// 'value' => "source_one\tfield_one\tfield_two\nsource_two\tfield_three"
// will search the fields 'field_one' and 'field_two' in source_one and
// 'field_three' in source_two.
// refer to turba/config/sources.php for possible source and field values
$_prefs['search_fields'] = array(
     'value' => "name\email",
     'locked' => false,
     'shared' => false,
     'type' => 'implicit');
AND this in my turba sources.php
$cfgSources['localldap'] = array(
     'title' => _("HCPS Faculty"),
     'type' => 'ldap',
     'params' => array(
         'server' => 'ldap.harrisonburg.k12.va.us',
         'port' => 389,
         'tls' => false,
         'root' => 'ou=people,dc=harrisonburg,dc=k12,dc=va,dc=us',
         'bind_dn' => '',
         'bind_password' => '',
         'sizelimit' => 1000,
         'dn' => array('cn'),
         'objectclass' => array('top',
                                'person',
                                'organizationalPerson',
                                'inetOrgPerson'),
         'scope' => 'one',
         'charset' => 'iso-8859-1',
After I manually set the search order.  Expand works.  However, I want
a first time user to not have to set this up.  I want the expand to
work out of the box.  Where did I go wrong?

thanks,

ddh