[horde] What is The Best Auth Method (imp dimp and horde)

Vadim Pushkin wiskbroom at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 17 04:50:18 PDT 2006

Horde folks,

I am currently using mysql auth for horde, leaving me with issues when I try
to login to imp, which is imap (dovecot).  The one great feature/reason that
I wanted to use mysql authentication was the fact that I can
change/add/delete accounts via Hordes GUI.   My environment is just this box
and I am building a Samba server as well, perhaps a third box later for
additional shares.

My question, yes, I know a loaded one, is what would be the best method for
me to use for auth which would serve my purposes securely and allow my auth
to work on both horde and imp, as well as allow me to use the web front end
for user account maint.

Many, many thanks!

.vp