[horde] What is The Best Auth Method (imp dimp and horde)

Vadim Pushkin wiskbroom at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 18 12:52:52 PDT 2006

Thank you Vilus, and all.

Does anyone on this list use dovecot?  If so, would you please share your
dovecot entries?

Dovecot does allow for mysql auth, but I am not sure how to make it work
with horde and the horde_users table.

I am thinking that my dovecot.conf should have something like this in order
to use the same table as horde for user auth:

driver = mysql
connect = host=192.168.1.1 dbname=horde user=hordeuser password=hordepasswd
# Is it PLAIN-MD5?
default_pass_scheme = PLAIN-MD5
#
# Not sure on the next line
#
password_query = SELECT userid  as user_uid, user_pass, FROM horde_users
WHERE userid = '%u'

Anyone?  I suck at this.

.vp