[horde] mysql connection errors

liamr@umich.edu liamr at umich.edu
Tue Oct 24 08:13:54 PDT 2006

We've been getting a lot of DB connection errors in our horde pool, and
we're trying to track down the reason why.  The two changes we've made
recently are upgrading the kernel on the horde machines from 2.4.31 to
2.6.17.6, and upgrading our mysql servers from 4.1.10 to 4.1.20.

I suspect it's more likely the later..  but I was wondering if anyone
had run into something similar?  A user tries to connect to IMP, and
gets a fatal DB error complaining that the mysql server has locked the
client out because the client has initiated too many connection errors,
and to solve the problem by issuing "mysqladmin flush-hosts".

Liam