[horde] What are the Repercussions of disabling horde_datatree?

Dominaux, Craig C CCDominaux at cbe.ab.ca
Wed Oct 25 09:08:57 PDT 2006

Thanks Jan

I'm not ready to go that route just yet, but how about I change the
question.
Is there a way to disable the horde_datatree for kronolith and turba
only.

Here is my issue
I have about 190,000 entries in the horde_datatree and about 640,000
entries in the horde_datatree_attributes. When a new user logs on to the
system for the first time the user page hangs on a blank page for about
1 minute. During this time there is an httpd process climbing to over
110MB from 16MB.
After the horde.shares.kronolith and horde.shares.turba entries are
created my httpd process drops down to 69MB (not removing the memory
completely) and the users page loads.

If I were to stop kronolith and turba from creating entries in the
horde_datatree / horde_datatree_attributes I could remove over 50% of
the entries. I'm hoping this will provide better performance and have
better memory management for my httpd processes.

Thanks,

Craig C Dominaux