[horde] Newbie doing initial horde installation

Eric spamsink at scoot.netis.com
Thu Nov 2 09:03:24 PST 2006

At 11:19 PM 11/1/2006, Jason Clifton wrote:

<JC>>>>>look in the scripts/sql directory(s) the files needed for creating
the  databases should be there. If you can install phpmyadmin you should be
able to do everything you need easily with it<<<<<

Good morning, Jason.

I've actually made quite a bit of progress with MySQL ... found some
sections of the reference manual that get down into a lot more basic detail
than I thought (don't know how I missed them the first time I looked at the
manual but I was having a hard time staying connected that night...).

When I run scripts/sql/create_mysql_sql, it creates the horde database
almost just as it should, except when it gets to the end I get:

bash-2.05b$ mysql -u root < create.mysql.sql
ERROR 1064 at line 154: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'ENGINE =
InnoDB' at line 6
bash-2.05b$

I had originally set skip-innodb in /etc/my.cnf, hoping to keep it as
simple as possible and knowing that this database is going to see VERY
light use (rarely more than one user at a time and never more than about
four).  But, it appears that create.mysql.sql requires it, so I changed
my.cnf to get rid of the skip-innodb and include:

innodb_data_file_path=ibdata1:10M:autoextend

mysqld seems to start up OK with that, using

/etc/init.d/mysqld start

...(whereas before it would complain in the log file about the missing
innodb_data_file_path, until I put skip-innodb in...).

But, if I say...

bash-2.05b$ mysqladmin -u root drop horde
bash-2.05b$ mysql -u root < create.mysql.sql

... I still get the ERROR 1064.

The offending block of code in create.mysql.sql is:

CREATE TABLE horde_sessionhandler (
     session_id             VARCHAR(32) NOT NULL,
     session_lastmodified   INT NOT NULL,
     session_data           LONGBLOB,

     PRIMARY KEY (session_id)
) ENGINE = InnoDB;

I have no real grasp of what all that means, except it's apparently not
happy with whatever mysqld includes for innodb support.

Can I run horde and turba without innodb, and if so, how can I modify
create.mysql.sql to run to completion without that error?

Thanks...

Eric Poole
Burgoyne, Nolet & Poole, Inc.
Londonderry, NH, USA
Providing software development consulting and services
                         to government and industry since 1979.
Phone: 603-437-1811 ext 21
E-mail: eric at bnpconsulting.com
On the Web: http://www.bnpconsulting.com