[horde] Installation problems.

Greg Groth ggroth at gregs-garage.com
Thu Nov 2 21:34:01 PST 2006

First, I apologize for the subject of this post.  I'm sure this question
has been covered multiple times as it's the first item in the FAQ, but I
can't seem to make any headway.  My problem is that when I login, it
bounces right back to the login page.  This occurs with both IE6 &
Firefox on XP.  My system is as follows:

FreeBSD 6.1
Apache 2.2.3
php5 5.1.6_3
pear 1.4.11
MySQL 5.0.27
Horde 3.1.3

I also have turba, gollem, ingo, imp & nag installed as well, but have
not configured them as of yet.  I've been trying to get the base system
running first.

According to the FAQ, my problem is with the sessions.  I've checked the
test.php file repeatedly, and the session counter increments just fine.
  In the sessionhandler section of the configuration, I've tried using
the default file based session handler, mysql, & memcache.  All three
methods give the same results of bouncing right back to the login
screen.  I've verified that the URL I've attributed to horde in apache
is the same as the fqdn of the server.  I've taken a look at the link
for php.net, but couldn't really understand much of what I was reading.
  The FAQ also mentioned to change the configuration to allow
non-cookie, url-based sessions, but I couldn't seem to find a setting
for this in the configuration setup.  Does anyone have any pointers on
what I should try next?  I've tried to search through the archives, but
most of the posts seem to regard Imp or are for older releases.

Many thanks, and sorry again if this has been covered before.
Greg Groth