[horde] post configureation db syntax error problems

Michael Potter michael at xonline.org.uk
Mon Nov 6 08:00:22 PST 2006

I have been having lots of trouble trying to set up horde at home
whereas at work I got it all working fine.

I am using Slackware (11). with its default apache, mysql and php with
extra pear modules installed as directed in the horde INSTALL docs.

After getting a conf.php into place, I end up getting errors in the log
similar to the following:

Nov 06 13:56:24 HORDE [emergency] [horde] DB Error: syntax error: SELECT
[user_uid] FROM [horde_users] [nativecode=1064 ** You have an error in
your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server
version for the right syntax to use near '[user_uid] FROM [horde_users]'
at line 1] [on line 236 of "/horde/admin/user.php"]
Nov 06 14:02:22 HORDE [error] [horde] Failed retrieving prefs for
Administrator [on line 224 of "/horde/lib/Horde/Prefs/sql.php"]

As I have actually been now about a month trying to get various
associated problems sorted I have decided at this point I should post to
this list!

At first I thought my problems were associated with not having a user
yet in the db and so ran the initial user script I found mention of.
Then I also ran the script with the user name changed to 'Administrator'
to make sure that there were user entries for both 'admin' and
'Administrator'.  So currently in the database the only table with any
data in it is the horde_users table with 2 rows.

Thanks for any advice.

Michael.