[horde] Fwd: Re: Horde Webmail Groupware - Quotas

johns@bsfc.ac.uk johns at bsfc.ac.uk
Fri Nov 17 13:57:41 PST 2006

> 'quota_path' => 'sudo /usr/bin/quota' because it looks like the sudo
> isnt getting executed and that would cause the command to fail because
> of permissions.

it does.

> try executing from ssh or similar the command that is showing up from
> your debugging stuff... and see if it returns a quota line.  If it
> doesn't drop off the | grep line and see if it still fails

Ok here is where it gets interesting.

1) i ran (sudo /usr/bin/quota -u mm | /bin/grep /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01)
it never done nothing just returned to the '#'

2) I ran; (sudo /usr/bin/quota -u mm /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01)
and it outputted;

[root at mailtemp config]# Disk quotas for user mm (uid 645):
     Filesystem  blocks   quota   limit   grace   files   quota   limit   grace
/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol01
                    132  102400  153600              29       0       0
quota: User /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01 doesn't exist.

3) I ran; (sudo /usr/bin/quota -u mm)
and it outputted;

[root at mailtemp config]# sudo /usr/bin/quota -u mm
Disk quotas for user mm (uid 645):
     Filesystem  blocks   quota   limit   grace   files   quota   limit   grace
/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol01
                    132  102400  153600              29       0       0

its strange its showing the volume as

/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol01
instead of
/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01 (which is what it is listed in /etc/fstab.

4) then i ran (sudo /usr/bin/quota -u mm /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol01)
and it outputted;

[root at mailtemp config]# sudo /usr/bin/quota -u mm /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-
LogVol01
Disk quotas for user mm (uid 645):
     Filesystem  blocks   quota   limit   grace   files   quota   limit   grace
/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol01
                    132  102400  153600              29       0       0
quota: User /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol01 doesn't exist.

Its just plain wierd.

John

Birkenhead Sixth Form College

This message is sent in confidence for the addressee only;
If it has come to you in error please notify compserv at bsfc.ac.uk

The contents of this e-mail are the personal views of the sender,
which may not necessarily reflect those of the college.

This message has been scanned for viruses.
The college cannot accept any responsibility for any viruses
which may have come from external sources.

----- End forwarded message -----