[horde] Horde Webmail Edition New Install Can't Login

Ian Barton lists at manor-farm.org
Thu Nov 23 02:58:59 PST 2006

I am sure that this is a dumb question, but I have checked the FAQ and
various README files. I am an existing user of IMP and thought I would
try the new Webmail Edition on a test machine.

I installed it and the test.php page reports that everything is fine. I
am using MySQL as a backend and Dovecot IMAP as a mail server.

setup.php asked me to provide a valid email address, but didn' ask me to
provide a password. When I access mydomain/horde I am presented with a
login screen, but can't find anyway to login to access the Admin section
as I don't have  password.

I thought it might be authenticating me against my mail server, but I
wasn't asked to supply my server details at install time and can't see
anywhere obvious in the config files to enter it.

So what stupid thing am I doing wrong?

Ian.