[horde] CVS: You must configure a DataTree backendto use Shares.

Stephen Hanselman s.hanselman at kc4sw.com
Tue Dec 5 20:25:01 PST 2006

Chris,

I had the same problems you did.

I fixed it with Bill's input below.  It would be nice to know why it works
with any other database name/user/pw that horde, but oh well.

Do you use MySQL, If so did you have problems creating the table
horde_session_handler?

I also had the frame issue, that I got to by editing the conf.php file and
setting:

$conf ['menu']['links']['always'] = true;

The other issue was to manually load the URL
http://your.server.name/horde/admin/setup/config.php

I got the config screen and all sort of worked.

After proving that I could get real screens up I blew the whole thing away
and started over.  It then worked just like the manual, I'm still a bit
confused over that.

If you want I'll keep you posted on my progress

Regards,

Stephen Hanselman
Manager, Defense Systems
Datagate Incorporated
s.hanselman at datagateinc.com

Christian Schürmann
December 05, 2006 11:30 AM
To: Bill Graham

Subject: Re: [horde] CVS: You must configure a DataTree backendto use
Shares.

Hi Bill,

Bill Graham schrieb:
> I have had this problem before - don't know why - but this is what I did
> to get around it.
>
> You need to run the  database define stream that is appropriate for you
> DB backend
> /horde/scripts/sql/create.whateverdbyouhave
>
> Then insert the  default horde sql definition in conf.php
> $conf['sql']['persistent'] = true;
> $conf['sql']['username'] = 'hordeusername- you must change this';
> $conf['sql']['password'] = 'hordepassword-you must change this';
> $conf['sql']['protocol'] = 'unix';
> $conf['sql']['database'] = 'hordedatebasename - you must change this';
> $conf['sql']['charset'] = 'iso-8859-1';
> $conf['sql']['splitread'] = false;
> $conf['sql']['phptype'] = 'mysql- or whatever you have ';
>
> then insert the datatree def in conf.php
> $conf['datatree']['params']['driverconfig'] = 'horde';
> $conf['datatree']['driver'] = 'sql';

Ok, but now I still don't have a frame on the left (it's blank) and no
config-interface :(
Any other hints?

Thanks, Chris